Now that the nominations are out, it’s time to think about getting to the Paramount on June 4. The show runs from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Producer Danielle Rudess has added an online-ordering component to the ticket-buying process.
File photo by Vinnie DiSalvio: The crowd outside last year’s Metropolitan High School Theater Awards at Peekskill’s Paramount Center for the Arts.
Here, from Rudess, is the ticket policy:
All tickets must be paid in advance of the awards ceremony.
We cannot offer refunds after the tickets have been purchased.
1. All tickets cost $20. Everyone attending the ceremony must purchase a ticket, even if you are nominated or performing at the ceremony.
2. Orders will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis. We sell out this event each year, so it’s important to get your orders in as soon as possible. We can guarantee that each participating school will be to purchase a minimum of 25 tickets. Schools nominated for Outstanding Overall Production are also guaranteed an additional 25 tickets.
3. Ticket reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card (MasterCard, Visa and Discover only).
4. There will definitely be extra tickets for any schools that need more than their allotment. Extra tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis and seating is limited. If you would like to purchase more tickets than you are allotted, you need to place your reservation as soon as possible. There is a strong possibility that all ticket requests will be filled.
5. On May 31, we will notify you with the exact number of tickets we can offer you. On May 31, we will either take full payment with your credit card or need a check paid in full (to the order of N.Y. Youth Theatre)
6. If possible, please order tickets for your students, their family members and educators in one order so that we can sit your school group together.
7. We can only arrange that your school group will sit together at the ceremony for orders placed by May 31.
AWARDS CEREMONY PERFORMANCE INFO: Nominees for actor and actress in a leading role and nominees of outstanding overall production will perform at ceremony. We will contact all performers with performance details.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS:
All ticket reservations must be placed online at: http://conta.cc/HZi6rP
If you have any questions,
Call: (845) 659-1427
If you are mailng a check, please make payable to NY Youth Theatre.
Mail checks to: Metro Awards, PO Box 395, New City, NY 10956
OK, but what to wear?